Friday, April 24, 2009

PDK Teluk Panglima Garang; Great Mixture of Creative, Action, Service (CAS)


PDK Teluk Panglima Garang, Klang.

Wow!! Time flies by so fast. I’ve never realised that I have finally finished all the visits with success. To be honest, I was lucky to be given this once in a lifetime chance to visit PDK Teluk Panglima Garang. Thanks to the MARA College Banting administration especially the CAS Co-ordinator, Mr. Abdul Latif for providing me with the path to grab this splendid opportunity.


Some of the trainees there.

At first, I was very reluctant to visit the PDK, thinking that the visit is just a waste of time. However, when I first set my foot on the soil of the PDK, I was warmly welcomed by the trainees and the teachers there. In a blink of eye, my perception about the visit had changed. During the first visit, I had realised that there were lot to gain from the visits. This is true. I did learn a lot, the lessons which I will never learn in classroom or from any textbook.


Let's play ultimate frisbee..!!

First of all, I learned that we must always be grateful to the god for creating us as perfect as we are. However, we must not forget the people who are not as lucky as we are. Besides, we must always treat them the same way as we treat normal people, if not possible more attention. It is undeniable that mingling and doing activities with the trainees require a lot of patience. Yes, they sometime push my patience to the limit. For example, I was once punched and slapped on my face by one of the trainees. But, I always remind myself about their disabilities. Anyway, I am glad that he did it because I will never have the chance again to be slapped and hit by a disabled kid!!



Ikmal, the only boy that dare to spit on my face

The most important experience that I have learnt from External CAS activities are friendship and spirit of cooperation. Two of the members of my team are my classmates while the rest are from other classes. If it were not for this, we will not be as close as now. We planned and carried out activities together. Although sometimes we did not see eye to eye, we always respect the opinion given by each of the members.

I must confess that special bond has been developed between me and the trainees there. Effort and consideration should be made to allow this bond that has developed to not rot, but instead to further strengthen and tighten eternally.

7 comments:

Amin Rukaini Mustafa said...

PDK TPG, which i miss so much..

especially naughty ikmal, (always being spitted by him).. haha..

Lutfi said...

Hahah...
Nice la amin...i must agree.. not once, but always..

Amin Rukaini Mustafa said...

Lupi, ko kena tag!!
http://aminruk.blogspot.com/2009/05/dush-i-am-tagged.html

ffh said...

that's so sweet=)

Hidayatullah said...

Klang special school lg bes la!
ha3

n@d!r@h said...

sukanya budak name avindran tuh... =)

teh bunga chrysanthemum said...

wahwah..bestnye..saya dulu pon pegi telok panglima garang gak. anyway nice blog! keep it up.