Saturday, October 17, 2009

The Oath of a Muslim Physician..

Hippocratic Oath: traditionally taken by doctors swearing to ethically practice medicine. but, have u ever heard about The Oath of a Muslim Physician?? This oath is the modified version of the Hippocratic oath;

In the name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful
Praise be to Allah, the Sustainer of His Creation, the All-Knowing
Glory be to him, the Eternal, the All-Pervading
O Allah, Thou art the only Healer,
I serve none but Thee, and, as the instrument of
Thy Will, I commit myself to Thee
I render this Oath in Thy Holy Name and I undertake:
• To be the instrument of Thy Will and Mercy, and, in all humbleness, to exercise justice, love and compassion for all Thy Creation;
• To extend my hand of service to one and all, to the rich and to the poor, to friend and foe alike, regardless of race, religion or colour;
• To hold human life as precious and sacred, and to protect and honour it at all times and under all circumstances in accordance with Thy Law;
• To do my utmost to alleviate pain and misery, and to comfort and counsel human beings in sickness and in anxiety;
• To respect the confidence and guard the secrets of all patients;
• To maintain the dignity of health care, and to honour the teachers, students, and members of my profession;
• To strive in the pursuit of knowledge in Thy name for the benefit of mankind, and to uphold human honour and dignity;
• To acquire the courage to admit my mistakes, mend my ways and to forgive the wrongs of others;
• To be ever-conscious of my duty to Allah and His Messenger (S.A.W), and to follow the precepts of Islam in private and in public.
O Allah, grant me the strength, patience and dedication to adhere to this Oath at all times.

3 comments:

Hidayatullah said...

mne ko rembat nh dowh..
ptt tulis.. apologi kepada.. bla3

Atikah Nur Dzulkhefli said...

weh..berhabuk da blog..hahaha

Anonymous said...

I LOIKE THIS ONE!~~